Lead Software Engineer
What you’ll be called: Lead Software Engineer
Where you’ll work: KWRI Headquarters—Austin, TX
Named a Happiest Company to Work for in 2019; one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX; and featured on the Training Magazine Training 125 list seven times, Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI) thrives within a creative and collaborative culture where transforming the real estate industry through technology is our primary goal.
KW Technology is the foremost provider of real estate solutions, offering the most comprehensive end-to-end portfolio of products, services and training in the industry. Our Engineering Team converts agent and consumer challenges into intuitive, insight-enhanced technology and consumer experiences using tools such as ReactJS, NodeJS, Golang and Python.
What you will do:
Design, document and deliver well-thought out solutions as part of our microservice architecture while leading and motivating a small team of developers and QA engineers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- On-time delivery of software solutions fully aligned to business and technical requirements.
- Design, document and deliver well-thought-out solutions as part of our microservice architecture in partnership with the Product Team.
- Mentor, coach and delegate work to a team of developers and QA engineers.
- Drive automation into test, documentation and the build process.
- Establish a test-driven culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 6 or more years of experience in software development.
- 5 or more years of experience in technical architecture, solution/application architecture, application development or middleware design.
- 3 or more years of experience leading a software development team in delivery of complex and challenging software solutions.
- Experience using one or more of the following: Python, NodeJs or GoLang.
- Experience designing and developing scalable and highly available cloud-based solutions on AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Experience with multiple database technologies including MySql, Postgres, MongoDB, ElasticSearch and GraphQL.
- Experience designing for large scale, highly available, fault tolerant transactional and analytical systems in a dynamic environment.
- Proven experience in building microservice or SOA architectures.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent Engineering field.
- 8 or more years of experience in software development.
- 5 or more years of experience using one or more of the following: Python, NodeJs or GoLang.
- 2 years of experience with Docker.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Mobile development experience, native or ReactNative.
- Familiarity with design patterns.
- Technical knowledge of infrastructure components such as Network, Storage, Linux/Windows, Application knowledge of Java, .Net and IT security.
- Able to handle changes in priority and requirements, without loss of enthusiasm.
- Able to lead and inspire a multi-functional team to deliver the products.
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the largest real estate company by agent count across the globe and is number one in units and volume in the United States. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on an agent-centric, technology-driven and education-based culture that rewards agents as stakeholders. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, TX. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, businesses worth owning, lives worth living, experiences worth giving and legacies worth leaving.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We're driving growth and innovation at the global headquarters
of the world's largest real estate franchise company!
When you join KWRI, you join a diverse team of passionate professionals who are redefining the global real estate industry. We support and innovate on behalf of over 170,000 Keller Williams real estate professionals worldwide.
We are writers, coaches, developers, designers, accountants, filmmakers, planners, lawyers and philanthropists. Each of us are trailblazers with the incredible opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the direction of this fast-growing company.