Lead Software Engineer
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast-growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
We are looking for a full-time Lead Software Engineer to join us in the exciting and rapidly growing e-commerce industry. By joining this team, you will be helping to take our platform to the next level by building beautiful and intuitive user experiences which enable our merchants to manage their product catalogs across multiple storefronts. You’ll also work closely with other engineers, UI designers, and product managers to define stories, assess scope and technical concerns as well as advocate for best practices that improve software quality.
What You’ll Do:
- Build highly-available, redundant, and scalable distributed systems.
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise.
- Work closely with operations while building and scaling back-end services.
- Introduce and support event driven architectures.
- Collaborate with product and design to support an optimal user experience.
- Participate in code reviews to maintain and improve quality.
- Build new features with a focus on extensibility and quality.
- Optimize and refactor existing marketplace integrations.
What you may have:
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer in a JVM language.
- Strong plus to have experience with Scala.
- Experience building integrations with 3rd party SOAP/REST API providers that can span multiple code sets, fail gracefully, and be highly extensible.
- Knowledge of gRPC, GraphQL, RabbitMQ, and familiarity with caching solutions
- Experience with Cloud Computing (Google Cloud Platform, AWS, etc.) highly desirable.
- Knowledge of functional programming paradigm with reactive design patterns.
- Experience in highly scalable service oriented architectures.
- Solid UNIX knowledge.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.