Lead Software Engineer
Lead Software Engineer
Rapid7 is trusted by over 7200 organizations in over 120 countries helping them keep safe. It delivers the visibility, analytics, and automation needed to monitor, investigate, and resolve the vulnerabilities, threats, and performance issues that put organizations at risk. We combine our extensive experience in security data and analytics and deep insight into attacker behaviors and techniques to make sense of the wealth of data available to organizations about their IT environments and users. To learn more about Rapid7 or get involved in our threat research, visit www.rapid7.com.
We are in Austin, Texas building and maintaining InsightVM, the state of the art vulnerability solution and now we are looking for a lead software engineer who can help us build the next generation features.
As a core member of the InsightVM engineering team, you will have the following opportunities to excel and grow in your career
- Participate in quarterly/yearly hackathons winning awesome prizes.
- Get nominated to represent Rapid7 at various security conferences like BSides, Blackhat, AWS, LASCON.
- Work on your own moosetank style yearly projects with a team to earn mighty bonuses!
- Design and create web apps and its features, including dashboards, data exploration, workflows, admin and management, alerts and integration, and other aspects of the UI experience.
- Work with design teams and others on making the frontend powerful for the enterprise, but as simple as necessary for consumer facing products.
- Write automated tests and well documented code.
- Work collaboratively as part of a team to provide a powerful tool for defending web applications across the enterprise from attacks and vulnerabilities.
- Implement highly scalable SaaS solutions with high performing APIs and microservices.
- Participate in a team environment acting as an enabler and driving the team to success.
- Passion for implementing frontends for data-centric web applications
- Expertise in building single-page apps using React (or similar)
- Experience in writing modular CSS and SASS
- Experience in designing and maintaining REST/graphQL APIs
- Experience in AWS micro service architecture and deployment process
- Specialization in security is not required, but interest in security is vital
- 7+ years of experience in frontend and/or full-stack development
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related)