SourceDay is looking for a Lead SW Engineer to lead the Rails application team in building new features and enhancing existing ones, helping architect a more efficient infrastructure, and collaborate with the Integrations lead and team to ensure a reliable data feed to the application. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, hands on engineer who loves mentoring, leading by example, solving problems, improving functionality, and working cohesively with team members to get sprint work across the line.
● Leading the team of developers responsible for the Rails application layer of the SourceDay platform
● Consistently influencing improved practices, increased productivity, and higher morale amongst the team members
● Work with the entire engineering team to build high-quality, well tested software on our core Ruby on Rails application
● Develop functionality that helps SourceDay users manage their purchase orders & collaborate with their vendors
● Consider security across software stack
● Work with product development to ensure all functionality is easy and enjoyable to use
● Build effective working relationships and display effective communication with your SourceDay teammates
Extensive experience in:
● Team leadership / mentorship / management
● Web application development with Ruby on Rails
● Unit testing with Rspec
● MySQL / DB
● NoSQL (ElasticSearch a plus)
● Scrum / Agile Development
Some experience in:
● Developing highly available web applications in cloud environments (AWS a plus)
● Experience with Microservice networking, Load balancing and service discovery concepts.
SourceDay removes waste and mistakes from global supply chains by freeing teams from unorganized email messages and cumbersome spreadsheets. More than 100 manufacturers use SourceDay to manage the billions of dollars that they spend on the materials they need to make their products. Managing spend through SourceDay’s centralized platform eliminates human error and inefficiency while dramatically improving a company’s ability to maximize margin and meet customer commitments on time.
SourceDay is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, or disability.
Local Candidates Only