Lead Software Engineer at Bright Health
- Development of cloud native microservices based and server-less functions using preferred ecosystem languages for data platform capabilities, leveraging tools best suited for the task, which typically include Scala, Apache Spark/Spark SQL, C#
- Apply Cloud, software engineering and resiliency patterns. Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD with TDD/BDD patterns as part of SDLC.
- Build APIs and data microservices to share our data with internal and external partners, and write interfaces to public data sets to enrich our analytics data stores.
- Participate in building and owning a culture of DevOps and Quality Assurance.
- Continuously document your design, code, frameworks, and team processes.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent experience required
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in an enterprise or commercial software development environment. Healthcare IT background is highly preferred.
- Three (3)+ years of experience serving as a technical lead.
- Extensive experience developing data-intensive solutions in a Cloud environment.
- Enterprise development experience coding in at least one, but preferably more than one, procedural/OO language, including C#, Java, Scala, Python, PowerShell.
- Enterprise experience developing solutions that use event sourcing and/or Big Data architectures.
- Team player who is not afraid to ask questions, take risks, share in owning team victories as well as team failures
- Good communicator – both written and verbal – with high emotional intelligence
- Ability to focus on MVP and shipping software while remaining cognizant of the long-term costs of technical debt
- Experience building streaming data pipelines using Kafka or Spark Streaming.
- Experience with functional programming in Scala
- Experience with API design.
- Experience building distributed systems with microservices and/or service-oriented architectures
- Familiarity with containerization/virtualization, e.g., Docker, Kubernetes
- Familiarity with CI/CD best practices
- Hands on Azure admin and DevOps experience
- Experience engineering big-data solutions using technologies like Databricks, Hive, and Spark.
- Experience with Scala and C#