Cart.com is an ecommerce software and services company on a mission to democratize ecommerce and give digital merchants the freedom to grow. We are integrating all the pieces of the ecommerce value chain brands need to thrive, creating a truly end-to-end Ecommerce-as-a-Service platform that helps third party brands move faster, grow more quickly, and deliver on their promises more completely.
A Lead Software Test Engineer is responsible for a range of testing activities including designing and maintaining test frameworks, leading team members and training them on industry best practices, analyzing metrics, and finding gaps in process where automation can help. As our first Lead STE you would be actively looking to stand up new test frameworks, suites, and processes across Cart.com. This will include areas such as automation of end-to-end critical user flows, performance testing, unit test execution, and code review.
- We use C#, .NET Core, React, GCP, Azure, you should be experienced testing it
- Stand up test automation stacks like Cucumber, SpecFlow, Selenium, xUnit
- Integrate test success and failure into fully automated build and deployment pipelines
- Owns and coordinates the testing efforts for automated activities across supported applications
- Provides framework solutions for application teams to use and to develop standards on their use, for example helping implement the Page Object Model or BDD
- Gathers and provides metrics on business process, test results for manual and automated test suites, and presents them to stakeholders
- Provide training on framework updates, process decisions, and improvements
- Help create and direct the performance testing for load, stress, and isolated testing
- Maintain and make updates to the CI/CD pipeline strategy, help train team members on strategy, proven approaches, and best practices
- Recommends improvements to testing processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of testing teams and reduce technical debt
- 7+ years of working experience in an enterprise software development environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience in lieu of degree
- You have successfully stood up entire software test automation frameworks from scratch
- Working experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Working experience in Micro services architecture and testing restful API’s
- Working knowledge of automated testing frameworks such as Selenium or Appium
- Working knowledge of language libraries, package managers, and shell scripting
- Expresses the willingness to learn new things and challenge themselves
- xpresses leadership experience and the desire to continue to learn and help others succeed
OUR CORE VALUES:
These aren’t just buried somewhere in an employee manual. We live and breathe them. They are on the walls and live in our hearts. They come up constantly in conversations and actions. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO:
WE ARE OBSESSED WITH BRANDS
We live for brands and are fanatical about their success.
WE THINK BEYOND THE BOX
We explore new ideas and discover creative solutions. We think openly about how to serve brands and solve problems.
WE DON'T GIVE UP
No one expected this to be easy. We are resilient— we dig in and keep going.
WE SPEAK UP
Every person here has an obligation to question norms, voice concerns, and offer their perspective.
WE WORK TOGETHER
We work with integrity and respect, ask for help, and extend the same help to others.
WE ARE HUMAN
Our people are our biggest strength. We have fun and make real connections with one another and with the brands we serve.
Cart.com is deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to identify and onboard people from all walks of life. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.