Lead, Splunk Engineer
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row
About the Role:
- Brainstorm, define, and build collaboratively with members across multiple teams.
- Obsess about learning, and champion the newest technologies & tricks with others, raising the technical IQ of the team.
- Constantly re-evaluate our product to improve architecture, knowledge models, user experience, performance and stability.
- Be an energetic "self-starter" with the ability to take ownership and be accountable for deliverables.
- Splunk Ops and App dashboarding experience
- Python scripting
- AWS Cloud
- Linux knowledge/experience (admin, BASH, troubleshooting)
You will also have exposure to ….
- Golang programming
- VMWare (cluster masters are VMs)
- Golang programming
- OKTA/LDAP (operational knowledge)
What You'll Need:
- Good knowledge of Splunk search processing language (SPL), reporting, dashboards, and search acceleration techniques
- Experience administering Splunk
- Experience scripting with the Splunk REST API and regular expressions.
- Good knowledge of Splunk data ingestion, field extraction, and post-ingestion processing
- Python scripting, automation through scripts
- Linux systems administration, and configuration management automation using Chef, Puppet, or Salt
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Experience with developing Splunk apps for clustered deployment would be a big positive
- Amazon AWS/Ec2
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.