Lead Technical QA Engineer at HotSchedules, Now Powered by Fourth
Position at HotSchedules
Responsibility as a Lead Technical QA Engineer:
Reporting to the Director of Quality Assurance, you will be responsible for leading on-shore and off-shore QA team members in an effort to deliver new Clarifi features per requirements, identify bugs, and develop automated tests. You will be responsible for evolving existing and defining new QA process and tools for our BackOffice application QA team.
You thrive in a team atmosphere. You believe in Agile development and continuous delivery. You’re a self-motivated and intellectually curious engineer with superb problem solving and analytical skills. You have a willingness to learn, adapt, teach, and pitch in wherever possible to help your customers. You are great at multitasking, time management, and understanding the product and feature set from the client's point of view. You are incredibly detail-oriented.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Testing Software in a web-based / SaaS application environment, including requirements review, test planning, and test automation.
- Automation test creation of RESTful APIs in a web services architecture.
- Automation test creation of Web front-end applications, preferably using Selenium.
- Programming expertise in at least one language. We use Node.js, but experience in another language plus willingness to learn Node.js works too.
- Experience with both Relational (SQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB) databases.
- Leading on-shore and off-shore QA teams and mentoring junior engineers.
- Good knowledge of UAT testing and Software Test Life Cycle.
- Identifying and analyzing defects/test results and able to deduce the chain of events leading to a failure.
- Identifying areas for test improvement through analysis, experience and use of QA metrics.
- Manage work tasks within an Agile or Kanban framework, navigating JIRA workflows and completing sprinted tickets.
Helpful Skills and Experience:
- Experience testing native Android and iOS mobile apps.
- Experience with some of the tools we use: JIRA, Jenkins, Logz.io, Grafana, and qTest.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Only Austin based candidates will be considered.
- Must be able to work in the US without visa sponsorship.