Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
Job Description Summary
Forcepoint is in need of a Systems Engineer to implement and maintain the global Forcepoint infrastructure. This position is part of the Infrastructure Service Delivery team that supports our global datacenter environment. The primary focus of this position is centered on the care and feeding of the Virtual Infrastructure Servers, VDI, Blade Enclosures, Storage Area Network, vCommander, Nutanix Environments and multiple Microsoft and CentOS server technologies.
- Installs, configures, and maintains Linux CentOS environments
- Implements and maintains the VMware virtual infrastructure.
- Installs, configures, and maintains the Storage Area Network.
- Manages BigFix in a distributed environment.
- Manages JAMF in a distributed environment.
- Supports worldwide Active Directory, GPO and DFS
- Monitors system health and responds promptly to network alerts and events.
- Acts as technical escalation for problem resolution and troubleshooting.
- Supports heterogeneous multi-vendor server hardware, including blade and rack-mounted servers as well as converged infrastructure platforms.
- Maintains Web and Application servers for Production, Tech Support and Corp Training environments.
- Works extended and/or alternative hours as needed for roll-outs, system upgrades, etc.
- Provide on-call support during off hours (Approximately 1 week every 4th week)
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
Education and Experience
- USA citizenship is required and experience with working in USA government section with ITAR controlled data
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in CentOS environment, with at least 3 years as a Systems Engineer\Admin.
- Knowledge of SAN technology, with a minimum of 3+ years' experience in relation to supporting a virtual infrastructure.
- Knowledge and experience in the design, implementation and support of VMware's product line, including vSphere, vCloud Director and View.
- Working technical knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and services in a multi-site topology, including Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DFS, IIS and Cluster Services.
- Experience with multiple enterprise backup strategies, including agent and SAN based backups, snapshots, and file and block level replication.
- Experience in writing scripts and automating system administration (Bash, Powershell)
- Experience with an enterprise monitoring solution, such as Zabbix, SCOM, SolarWinds.
- In-depth understanding and experience with ITIL framework and ITSM best practices, specifically Release and Change management, Configuration management as well as Continuous Improvement Planning (CIP)
- Must be able to quickly diagnose system problems and implement solutions to restore functionality
- Must be physically able to lift and move computers, monitors, and related equipment with weights in the 10-40 pound range.
- Must be accurate and prompt in the details of the job.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must work well with others as part of larger team.
- Ability to work independently to meet goals and objectives with minimal supervision.
Preferred Skills and Background
- VMware certification is preferred
- Red Hat Certification is preferred
- MCSE, MCITP, and CCNP certifications are pluses but not required
- Microsoft Exchange Server experience is a plus
- Experience with HP/Dell servers and/or Nutanix converged infrastructure
- Cloud technology (O365, AWS, Azure) is a plus