Linux Systems Administrator
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
As a Linux Systems Admin, reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, you’ll need a strong background and demonstrated skill set in administration of Linux severs, both premise and cloud based. Must be detail oriented, responsible, and self-motivated with a passion to learn and improve your skills. A good understanding of PCI compliant environments is required for success.
• Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot multiple versions of Linux OS, primarily RedHat and CentOS, both premise and multi-cloud environments
• Recommend, develop and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, configuration management and security
• Actively participate in project planning and takes a leadership role as needed to ensure timely and successful completion of projects assigned to Linux server team. - Provide technical knowledge and recommendations to staff members as required
• Test new patch/software releases to ensure compatibility to minimize impact and downtime
• Work closely with development teams to integrate their projects into the production and test AWS environments and ensure their ongoing support
• Develops operating procedures for system administration activities including system monitoring, performance tuning, backup/recovery, server architecture design, and system maintenance
• Provide and/or coordinate after-hours support as needed for break-fix and maintenance
• Implements plans to achieve departmental priorities
• Seeks to understand and support broader company objectives
• May guide others
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of broad experience in system administration supporting Linux (RedHat/CentOS preferred) (to include automated OS installation, software compilation, package management, virtualization, OS lifecycle management, diagnostic and performance troubleshooting/profiling)
• Strong Linux/Unix Systems Administrator in a large enterprise environment. Troubleshoot Linux server and OS issues.
• Strong AWS experience especially in the following services (EC2, IAM, S3, Route53, CloudWatch, Storage Gateways, Lambda, Security);
• Good knowledge of Various Scripting Languages (BASH, Powershell, Python, etc.)
• Solid knowledge of Virtualized Infrastructures (VMWare, Cloud, etc.)
• A strong ability to build cross functional partnerships and work collaboratively
• A growth mindset: desire to learn, grow and embrace new ideas
• A shared appreciation for our 3 core values of Family, Fashion and Philanthropy
• Must be able to work with and provide support for cross functional groups and technical areas (compute, storage, network, applications and databases).
• Good collaboration & communication skills, ability to participate in interdisciplinary team.
• Strong written communications and documentation experience
• Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery