Manager, Engineering - IdentityIQ
SailPoint is seeking an Engineering Manager to help lead our Sustaining team for the IdentityIQ product. This Engineering team consists of Software Engineers and Testers who have the responsibility and technical expertise in troubleshooting and resolving the high priority customer reported product issues that cannot be resolved by our Support and Professional Services teams.
In this role, you will collaborate with Customer Success Managers, Support, Professional Services, Product Management, and the broader IdentityIQ Engineering team to help ensure that our customers are provided timely and high-quality patch releases for IdentityIQ. This responsibility also includes planning of the IdentityIQ patch schedules and oversight of the patch delivery cycle. You will also oversee issue investigations by your Software Engineers requiring expedited troubleshooting in order to determine root cause, as well as delivery of expedited fixes to facilitate customer deployment timelines. The role occasionally requires communication directly with customers to direct the Sustaining team’s assistance in L3 Support escalations.
To lead this team, we are looking to bring on an experienced and motivational manager who will be responsible for leading all aspects of IdentityIQ which relate to how our customers utilize the product to solve their complex identity and access management challenges in unique ways. A background in Agile software development environment is preferred.
- Day-to-day leadership of the Sustaining team.
- Partnering with internal stakeholders to ensure the team has a clear set of priorities.
- Resource allocation for key projects.
- Coaching Software Engineers and Testers to develop their full potential.
- Project planning – identifying, scoping, prioritizing, tracking and reporting deliverables and milestones.
- Managing risk and issues targeted to patch releases.
- Extensive background in Engineering.
- Results focused with a track record of success working in an Agile environment.
- Experience building and managing a team of Software Engineers.
- Good understanding of software development in Java.
- An exceptional mentor and leader with a passion for continuous improvement.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly.
- Proactive, flexible and a people person.
This position is based in Austin, Texas
BA/BS or equivalent experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.