Manager, Enterprise Solutions Architecture at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Manager of Enterprise Solutions Architecture. The Manager of Enterprise Solutions Architecture is a strong leader with equally impressive people and technical skills. This is a person who thrives at building a high performing team and is passionate about empowering their employees to achieve the best work of their careers. Well respected by technical and non-technical individuals, this person is an influential leader, coach, manager and engineer and will rely on strong consultative skills to help our Enterprise customers during onboarding and throughout the customer lifecycle
What You’ll Do
- Lead, inspire, manage, develop, and grow the Enterprise Solutions Architecture team to ensure the team’s success
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Serve as a product subject matter expert to assist the Professional Services team by providing technical expertise regarding architectural questions, recommending and architecting solutions, troubleshooting issues, and identifying expansion opportunities.
- Perform analysis and provide systems architecture solutions leveraging new, existing, and emerging services, technologies, and platforms in a services and sales oriented environment.
- Identify and translate customer needs into a clear set of requirements for downstream feasibility and estimation.
- Collaborate with Professional Services team members and customers to drive solution feasibility/estimates, develop overall architecture plan, and collaborate with project managers to deliver solutions.
- Provide expert level support for cloud and hybrid cloud use cases.
- Organize additional technical resources within the organization to address client needs when necessary
- Develop POC use cases to propose and design solutions as per business-technical needs
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering team to help drive appropriate product enhancements and operational guidance
- Collaborate with the Documentation team on real world scenarios and developer needs.
- Provide consultative services based on prospect’s requirements and available product offerings
- Assist the Customer Success team in a pre/post-sales technical process: installation, deployment, training, technical check-ups, and escalation management
- Develop technical and architectural roadmaps and use them to proactively drive new technology adoption within BigCommerce and in partnership with BigCommerce partners.
- Manage team to utilization and customer satisfaction metrics as defined by company/departmental strategic objectives.
Who you are
- 7+ years of experience in architecting and implementing integration solutions around key technologies, including 3+ years experience leading SaaS implementation projects from pre-sales to customer success
- 2+ years people management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (i.e. producing requirements and design documentation, performing needs assessments, documenting solution components, etc.)
- Expertise in architecting and documenting commercial-scale cloud systems leveraging IaaS, PaaS or SaaS infrastructure.
- Understanding of various database architectures (RDBMS, NoSQL, Document database, etc.)
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs, SOA/Web Services, eCommerce, content management systems, internet security standards, and fraud prevention.
- Strong understanding of other services and services providers in the following Cloud service layers: IaaS (AWS, Google, etc.), Saas (Salesforce, Successfactors, etc.), Paas (Azure, Amazon AWS, Google App Engine)
- Advanced understanding and experience integrating with and designing for SaaS providers
- Strong skill set in the implementation of security standards in code such as OAuth, SAML, and other Tokenization and authentication methods and systems; understanding of security, SSO and federation technologies as applied cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with waterfall/SDLC processes, agile development methodologies, and post-production release processes
- Experience working with project management software and professional services automation software is preferred
- Working knowledge and understanding of managing professional services labor capacity (billable and non-billable utilization) is preferred
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Periodic travel will be required