The Manager, Quality Assurance will join our Engineering team as we expand the footprint of AlertMedia products and services and rapidly scale up the number of customers we serve. This role is critical to our success, driving the QA strategy and vision while working alongside the team to extend the test automation infrastructure. The Manager, QA is a thought leader and will share best practices with the QA team and will be responsible for career growth and mentoring of QA engineers.
Who you are:
QA is in your blood. You’ve been at it for long enough that you have well-formed ideas about how to balance manual, regression, and load testing to get a solid quality result. You know there’s never enough time to test everything, but have experience working together with developers to craft test plans that complement the unit and integration testing written by engineers. While you’ve held leadership positions, you still love getting your hands dirty and always have a test automation project you’re working on the side. You thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment working cross-functionally with other Engineers, Product Managers and Leadership. You know that you can't test quality into a product after its built; quality must be built in from the beginning. Above all, you get great satisfaction from working together with a team to have a direct impact on our customers' success.
Who we are:
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries—including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart—to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer focused on creating a collaborative and exciting place for all to work. Ensuring a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace for all people is key to our success and core to our values.
Come join us in our mission to save lives and minimize loss through effective communication.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information, please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Work with the QA engineers and Engineering managers to set quality goals and overall testing strategy for Alertmedia’s suite of applications, including regression, manual, and load testing.
- Mentor QA team members and provide opportunities for them to grow their skills and experience
- Oversee the release management process and work with the Engineering team to continually improve CI/CD tools, processes and procedures
- Act as a player-coach by contributing to test automation suites
- Monitor bug resolution and track successes
- Perform exploratory and load testing to ensure product robustness
- Work closely with talented engineering & customer success teams to identify opportunities for increased test coverage based on customer usage and trouble spots
- 5 years of experience in a QA / Testing role with a SaaS company, preferably as a thought-leader or mentor on a team
- 2 years in a management/lead role with current technical experience
- Experience with automation tools and frameworks
- Experience with CI/CD
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to effectively work cross-functionally
- Must be located in the Austin, TX area or willing to relocate
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What we offer:
- Base salary + Company-Wide Bonus program
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- Amazing rewards and incentives
- An exciting and positive work environment
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company 4 years in a row
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.