Manager Security Engineering
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
Vrbo is looking for a hardworking and highly motivated Manager of Security Engineer to join the Global IT Security Team. This position will be responsible for supporting a Team that watches over the security infrastructure and ensuring that we are operating to the highest security standards. The right candidate is expected to work with various aspects of the company to drive operational efficiencies. The candidate will have extensive experience with security technologies including: Cloud Technologies, WAF’s, IPS’s, DLP, SIEM’s, NAC,AV/APT, vulnerability scanning / remediation, and general incident response. This Position requires a consistent track record of planning, implementation, maintenance, monitoring and operationalizing of security technologies.
What you'll do:
- Leading the oversight of maintaining security tooling and operationalizing integrations within the SOC.
- Handling the oversight of improvements including the development of new tools & automation.
- Developing vision and strategies that align with the business initiatives.
- Experience with and responsible for establishing risk / threat metrics, scorecards, & health monitoring.
- Managing Team projects to completion and ensuing timely execution.
- Participate in project teams providing consultation on security engineering / DevOps initiatives.
- Responsible for designing and operationalizing all aspects of our security infrastructure, including cloud environments.
- Responsible for establishing security engineering / operations frameworks for various security technologies.
- Responsible for rolling up your sleeves and getting stuff done. This is a hands-on position
Who you are:
- Strong scripting skills: Ruby, Python or other scripting language.
- Strong understanding of the security / risk landscape: Layers 2 – 7.
- Consistent record with enterprise grade security technologies.
- Strong security tooling background including automating tasks.
- Technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques.
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols.
- Creative, problem-solving approach to projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical capabilities and have a desire to learn new things.
- Experience working with complex, sophisticated environments.
- Resourceful and well organized.
- Willingness to provide feedback in challenging situations.
- 5 years of experience working in a leadership role. Certifications Like CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, GCIH, GCIA, etc. A bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on Vrbo.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Vrbo, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.