Manager, Security Engineering
Manager, Security Engineering
Summary: SailPoint is looking for a talented and highly motivated Security Engineering Manager to join the Security Team. This roll will lead the company’s Security Engineering function and provide support to ensure that we are operating to the highest security standards. The right candidate is expected to be well-organized, team driven and a dynamic multi-tasker, including managing a small Team. This role will be leading the way for laying the foundation for strong security engineering practices. This role requires deploying, maintaining and improving ongoing systems and staying abreast of the latest trends, tools and products in security engineering. This position requires extensive experience in operationalizing new security technologies, alerting, escalations and day to day security operations frameworks. The right candidate will have a proven track record of planning, implementation, maintenance and monitoring of security technologies.
- · Responsible for managing an IT Security Engineering Team, including contractors.
- · Responsible for establishing security engineering frameworks for various security technologies.
- · Develop operational processes around: monitoring, alerting, escalations & overall infrastructure health.
- · Responsible for managing and maintaining security hardware and software.
- · Responsible for security controls around various compliance programs: ISO, SOC 2, FedRamp.
- · Responsible for developing advanced metrics, scorecards, and Splunk dashboards.
- · Responsible for supporting all SOC functions, including incident response.
- · Participate in project teams providing security requirements where needed.
- · Work on process improvements including: development of new tools, automation, and integrations.
- · Responsible for interconnecting various security event sources: server logs, network, various security devices, threat feeds, antivirus, malware, vulnerability scanners, configuration compliance, etc.
- · Responsible for designing and operationalizing all aspects of our security infrastructure.
- · Responsible for rolling up your sleeves and getting stuff done. This is a hands-on position.
- 5 years of experience working in a security operations & incident response role. Certifications like CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, GCIH, GCIA, are beneficial. A bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience is required.·
- Previous experience with leading tactical teams.
- Strong understanding of security tooling, network security, operating systems, web application security, incident response, security engineering, authentication, authorization, security protocols, and cryptography.
- Strong understanding of security event types, structured and unstructured data.
- Strong Splunk skills, creating custom dashboards, advanced query experience and administration.
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies, CI/CD pipelines and security architecture.
- Strong understanding of DevOps tooling and other monitoring platforms.
- Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques.
- Must be an effective communicator and a team player who works well with team members, other IT teams, business partners, and various vendors.
- Creative, problem-solving approach to projects.
- Strong analytical capabilities and have a desire to learn new things.
- Experience working with complex, sophisticated environments.
- Resourceful and well organized.
- Willingness to provide feedback in challenging situations.
Compensation and benefits
- Experience a Small-company Atmosphere with Big-company Benefits
- Competitive pay, 401(k) and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Recharge your batteries with a flexible vacation policy and paid holidays
- Grow with us with both technical and career growth opportunities
- Enjoy a healthy work-life balance with flexible hours, family-friendly company events and charitable work
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.