The Manager of the Security Operations & Engineering (SOE) team is a member of the Bright Health Information Security Organization and involved in building, maintaining and supporting public cloud security and engineering initiatives. This person will be required to work effectively and seamlessly with our engineering organization’s existing security, engineering and cloud operations. This role will be responsible for training, mentoring and managing security engineering talent.
- Manage security team members and all other assigned information security personnel
- Hire and provide training to information security personnel during onboarding
- Lead team through standing up new, compliant security procedures, strategies
- Implement and oversee technical upgrades, improvements and major changes to security environment
- Maintain team workplans and work breakdown structures
- Facilitate cross-team functional communications and resourcing
- Augment team technical capabilities, as needed
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- BS in a technical degree required (IS or Engineering), with MBA preferred
- Five (5)+ security engineering team management experience (Hiring, managing, growing security engineers) required
- Ten (10)+ years of software engineering & information security work experience required
- ISACA, (ISC)2 or relevant industry certifications preferred
- Competency in dynamic web application testing, SAST & DAST scanning
- Basic understanding of vulnerability management tools
- Strong understanding of OWASP TOP 10
- Strong experience with cloud technologies, web application security and containerization, preferably Azure and Kubernetes
- Strong understanding of how to use metrics to guide technical decisions
- Strong understanding of Agile environments
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.