Manager, Software Engineering at SciPlay
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:58 p.m. (CST) on Friday, October 1, 2021
SciPlay, is a global leader focused in providing an ever-expanding portfolio of robust iGaming and Social Casino solutions to the global gaming industry. To put it simply - we make Mobile and Facebook games that are fun to play, fun to make, and we're growing like crazy! SciPlay's reach is made possible by the expertise of our rock star teams and game makers. Want to be part of a fast-paced company that lands in the Top 1% of Social Casino games? See more details below!Job Description Summary:SciPlay is a leading developer and publisher of digital games on mobile and web platforms, providing highly entertaining free-to-play games that millions of people play every day for their authenticity, engagement and fun.SciPlay currently offers nine core games, including social casino games Jackpot Party Casino, Gold Fish Casino Slots, Hot Shot Casino and Quick Hit Slots, and casual games MONOPOLY Slots, Bingo Showdown, 88 Fortunes Slots, Backgammon Live, Solitaire Pet Adventure with offices all over the world!About The Role:We are looking to fill a key role within the Gold Fish Casino engineering team - a Software Engineering Manager who will lead and manage our Unity client team, focusing on growing the existing engineers and establishing best practices.Essential Job Functions:
- Manage and mentor a team of client engineers.
- Collaborate with Engineering management on the strategy and vision for the client, as well as the product as a whole.
- Participate heavily within early feature development, including product specification review, estimate and high level technical design.
- Establish and maintain best practices for client development.
- Collaborate with other game teams and central teams within SciPlay on best practices for client development.
- Participate in feature development as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Math, Statistics or relevant area or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years Management experience
- Expertise with game client development - ideally with a focus on Unity and C#.
- Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Social game development.
- iOS and Android development experience.
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Proven ability to take direction and work with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to work in deadline driven environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive salaries and annual bonuses alongside matching 401k and other competitive benefits.
- Strong commitment to work life balance
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Fully stocked gameroom featuring current generation consoles and titles, shuffle board tables, foosball tables, and arcade cabinets (including our prized 5v5 cabinet ultra-rare copy of Killer Queen!)
- Brand new, shiny, and aesthetically pleasing 10,000 sq ft office located in the Arboretum area in Austin
Read Full Job Description