Manager, Software Engineering at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Engineering Managers are responsible for leading the team of developers on a day-to-day basis. They ensure that projects are being completed on time and meet product / project expectations. A team of engineers looks to the Engineering Manager for process, troubleshooting, mentoring, and technical expertise. The Engineering Manager will be the point person for Product and Project Managers looking to assign a project to a developer.
- Ensure teams regularly ship high quality software that drives the Bright Health business forward and assist in driving the tactical implementation of an overarching data architecture vision and strategy
- Operate high quality, cloud-based data services, ensuring uptime and performance within SLOs
- Facilitate established processes for code reviews and QA, and help identify and implement tools that drive both
- Collaborate with engineering leadership in the execution of a quality assurance plans
- Deliver projects and products using the appropriate agile/lean project management methodologies
- Lead and manage team of Software Engineers by providing guidance, conducting quarterly and annual reviews with each member of the team, as well as actively participating in the recruiting and hiring process for qualified candidates across the Technology team.
- Lead in working with Bright InfoSec, SREs, and Microsoft resources in ensuring that teams can nimbly deploy to Azure, while maintaining a secure and compliant environment
- Lead in producing high quality, team-level technical documentation, delegating to individual contributors, when appropriate
- Work with engineering leadership, business and product owners to clarify roadmap initiatives and translate them into epics and stories
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent experience required.
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in an enterprise or commercial software development environment. Healthcare IT background is highly preferred.
- One (1) – three (3) years of management experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Power Platform: Power Automate, Power Apps and Power BI.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Dataverse.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and Azure DevOps.
- Enterprise development experience coding in at least one, but preferably more than one, procedural/OO language, including C#, Java, Python, PowerShell.
- Ability to coordinate with team members to help resolve issues.
- Creative thinker who is passionate about innovating and pushing the engineering teams forward.
- Team player and an adept problem solver.
- Understanding of CRM systems and the nuances of no-code, low-code development.
- Understanding of the complexities of integrating with third party tools and services.
- Experience with deploying and managing Dynamics solutions.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.