Manager, Software Integration Engineering at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Manager, Software Integration Engineering will lead our talented and innovative Integration Engineering Team, responsible for building and supporting software that enables our enterprise virtual care software customers to create custom workflows for their patients and exchange data with our platform.
- Lead and manage a team of software integration engineers by providing guidance, conducting mid-year and annual reviews with each member of the team as well as actively recruiting and hiring qualified candidates to fill out the team
- Ensure the team regularly ships high quality software that improves our capabilities for enterprise customers to integrate with our platform
- Participate in engineering efforts as a member of the integration engineering team
- Work with the Zipnosis Enterprise sales and customer success teams to scope and estimate potential integration efforts
- Facilitate and participate in established processes for code reviewers and help identify and implement tools that improve engineer efficiency and code quality. Work with the QA and product teams to plan feature testing
- Work with engineering leadership, business and product owners to define and prioritize integration roadmap initiatives and translate them into epics and stories. Report on projected project delivery dates to other teams
- Collaborate with the implementation team to design and deliver integrated solutions for our customers
- This position has supervisory responsibilities for the DocSquad Integrations Engineering Scrum Team. Thie team is responsible for engineering, configuration, documentation, and support of:
- Data exchange, including Mirth(HL7), SFTP, API, and FHIR
- SSO, including SAML, oAuth, SMART on FHIR, and our custom workflow based on JWT/JWE
- Our externally accessible API
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent experience required.
- 7+ years of experience in an enterprise or commercial software development environment. Healthcare background is highly preferred.
- 3+ years of management experience.
- Experience with web application development in a modern framework, Ruby on Rails preferred.
- Experience with building highly productive teams of engineers and maintaining a positive work environment.
- Able to coordinate with other business leads and balance business and technical needs into a productive roadmap.
- Skilled at code review to drive quality and help engineers learn to produce cleaner, more maintainable code.
- Understanding of the complexities of integrating with third party tools and services.
- Capable of communicating technical concepts and ideas to non-engineering members of the team. Able to discuss application features & use cases with end users and customer contacts.
- Experience with any of the following appreciated but not required:
- Web security
- Integration Engines such as Mirth
- SSO protocols such as oAuth and SAML
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.