Manager, Solutions Engineering at Unity Technologies
Unity is recruiting an experienced Solutions Engineering Manager to partner with our North American business development team to drive new partnerships within our industrial vertical. As a leading member of the North American business development team, you will build and manage a team that is on the front lines with our most strategic customers to help craft comprehensive technical solutions that meet their critical business requirements. You will be instrumental in ensuring the success of our highest-profile customer productions and collaborate with Unity engineering teams to advocate for the customer.
We aren’t looking for someone that meets expectations; we want someone that exceeds them. We look for people that can form a team that is able to approach any challenge with tact, remain cool under pressure and possess a no-problem-too-big-or-too-small demeanor. Ideally, you have a background in leading IT consultancy, technical pre-sales or application development teams involving multiple parties, including; developers, publishers, contractors, and other third parties in the field of real-time 3D technology (CAD, AR, VR, Realtime 3D etc.). Your role will involve directing a team that meets clients, provides support, and gives technical demonstrations on the Unity product portfolio. This role can be performed from any Unity North American office or remote.
What you’ll be doing
- Form relationships with technical decision-makers, positioning Unity as the key inspiring leader in the visualization industry, thus becoming a trusted advisor to the customer
- Demonstrate leadership as a technical specialist in the use of the Unity product portfolio for the purpose of leading an engineering team that is able to take that expertise into the field (Unity editor, Unity products, and included features)
- Consult in-depth with developers who are planning or already using Unity
- Create adoption of Unity with customers not yet using Unity
- Enable your team to design, build, and run proof of concepts with prospective customers
What we’re looking for
- Experience in leading a customer-facing, pre-sales, solutions engineering, or field engineering role while working closely with Business Development, or other revenue-generating, teams
- Proven track record of customer-centric service, consistent on-time delivery of custom customer solutions, and team-first approach
- Experience working with the Automotive, Manufacturing and/ or Architectural/Engineering industry
- Experience with VR and AR applications as well as with Unreal, CryEngine, or other 3D game engines
- Have worked in a consultancy or technical pre-sales role for more than 3 years.
- Have shipped game titles on a multitude of platforms (mobile, console, PC, etc.)
You might also have
- Experience using Unity, or other development engines, in either a production or solutions capacity with solid C# skills
- Programming skills C/C++, C#, and graphics programming skills preferred
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.