This is an exciting opportunity to apply your skill set to an organization experiencing rapid growth and technological transformation! We are looking for a self-starter who will bridge the gap between business objectives and IT capacity. The right candidate for this role will be able to work directly and effectively across the entire IT team to plan, execute, and evaluate test cases. Arrive is growing rapidly, and our technical business needs are constantly evolving. The successful candidate will have the mental agility to keep up with these changes!
In this role, you will:
- Work with developers to plan and understand the scope of upcoming work items.
- Participate in planning, estimating and efforting work with the team.
- Communicate between Dev Teams, Business Analysts and QA Manager thru the development process.
- Plan and write manual test cases while Dev Team begins coding work.
- Conduct testing as code is completed and merged to testing environment.
- Execute test cases.
- Conduct exploratory testing.
- Report any bugs.
- Retest until all test cases are passing as expected.
- Conduct necessary regression testing.
- Evaluate and update test run results.
- Keep manual test cases up to date as things inevitably change.
- Provide approval to move new code from test environment to Ready to Deploy.
- Coordinate with test automation developers to convert all manual test cases to automation.
- Update/retire any manual test cases that have been automated or become obsolete.
A Manual QA professional is embedded on a development team. However, you may also:
- Perform peer reviews on test plans and test cases.
- Assist other teams who need additional QA resources.
- Work directly with the Product team, upper management, or other development teams on ad-hoc projects.
- Assist with researching the cause of product issues reported to Service Desk.
- Create bugs for product issues reported to Service Desk.
The ideal candidate is/has:
- Passion for quality.
- Experience as a manual software tester.
- Experience developing written test plans.
- Experience developing test cases.
- Strong critical thinking and investigative skills.
- Comfort level with querying Microsoft SQL or Oracle databases.
- Understanding of SDLC.
- Ability to communicate effectively with developers, stakeholders and end users.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum a plus!
- Experience with test management systems (such as Visual Studio Team Services, qTest, or TestRail) is a plus!
- Software testing certification (such as ISTQB, ASQ) is a plus!
- Experience with back-end/platform testing is a plus!
- Ability to work out of our Austin, TX office.
- Take ownership of your career at a tech-powered company.
- Work in the booming city of Austin TX!
- Earn a competitive compensation package.
- Work alongside experts in the logistics industry and leaders in technology.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully-stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages!
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!
Read Full Job Description