Atlassian is a leading provider of collaboration, development, and issue tracking software for teams around the world. With over 100,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100) and millions of users on our cloud platform, we are advancing the power of collaboration with products including Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and more. Motivated by clear values, an AMAZING culture, and consistent revenue growth, we're on a journey to unleash the potential of every team. We'd like you to be a part of this journey.
Identity Platform is the foundation of Atlassian Cloud Platform. We are on a journey to being able to handle 1B user accounts to help achieve Atlassian BHAG. Identity is setting up an example for the whole company in reliability, scalability and operational excellence.
We're looking for a passionate mobile engineering manager to lead the Identity Mobile team in Mountain View, California. Identity Mobile is a unique team within Identity Platform that is responsible for crucial mobile features used by all Atlassian mobile applications - we own Login / Signup experience as well as many Enterprise security features (MDM & MAM to name a few). We work very closely with all mobile product teams (Jira, Confluence, Trello, and Opsgenie) as well as Atlassian Enterprise organization as many of our features are geared towards Enterprise customers. As part of Identity platform we collaborate with many Identity backend teams in Mountain View and Sydney. Team currently consists of 4 mobile engineers (iOS and Android) and 2 backend engineers.
As an engineering leader, you will be responsible for driving technical excellence in your team and defining Atlassian Mobile security and Enterprise roadmap. You will work with product and design, as well as Identity architects. Your greatest responsibility will be looking after the individuals reporting to you - coaching and supporting them in their professional development, unlocking their potential, and challenging them to step outside their comfort zone to grow and excel.
We'd love for you to have strong engineering background in building mobile applications in iOS or Android in the past. In the last few years you started leading mobile projects and team and tried yourself in the manager role. You want to grow as engineer manager and you still have a passion for the mobile applications.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with developers, architects, and product managers across several engineering teams to build new and enhance existing Atlassian Identity Platform services and capabilities
- Contribute to the technical and business strategy of the team, including making technical recommendations and functional solutions.
- Guide your teams in understanding the right metrics to track and improve.
- Provide developers with support: holding regular one on ones, giving context on priorities, collaborating with other teams, unblocking projects, resolving conflicts on the team.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 1+ year experience in engineering management following Agile development processes.
- At least 5 years of hands-on engineering experience working on mobile apps for enterprise software (either Android or iOS)
- Keen eye for mobile architecture and able to assist your team in making the right choices for every project.
- Excellent prioritization and self organizing skills to individually detect and deliver the most important things first.
- Have outstanding verbal and written communication skills. You will need to explain your proposals well enough that others understand their value, are motivated to implement them, and become champions of them for you.
- Experience setting a very high bar for excellence across your engineering team, and putting systems in place to measure against that bar.
- The skills for breaking down problems into executable chunks and coordinating multiple engineers to deliver a solution.
- Demonstrated passion for product and delivering value to customers.
- Ability to work well in a team, have a positive attitude, patience, and humility.
- Passion for mentoring and helping people on your team grow and achieve their goals.
It's great, but not required if you have
- Previous experience with authentication and authorization domain, technologies, and protocols.
- Previous exposure to web application security (authentication, authorization, session management, access controls, etc.) and privacy standards (SOC2, GDPR, etc.).
- Experience in Continuous Delivery and the DevOps mindset.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .