Mobile Software Engineer
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Aceable is looking for a mobile developer to help build the next generation of ed-tech applications. Join us in providing stellar educational moments for our students. You’ll jump in immediately, working on solutions to some exciting problems.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging and convenient educational content across all devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people with life’s certification challenges. After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver’s ed courses, Aceable is now expanding into other verticals for required education. To date, Aceable touts more than 400,000 users and counting, as it continues to expand nationwide.
ABOUT YOUR NEW TEAM
At Aceable, you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with a tight-knit group and help lay the framework for the expansion of our Engineering Department. We value programmers who get excited about the latest concepts but realize the importance of a stable and scalable environment. The team prides themselves on continually helping each other achieve their goals, both inside and outside of Aceable.
***PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR APPLICATION***
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Primarily focus on expanding and improving the Android application
- Develop using both Java and Kotlin
- Incorporate the latest advances in Android features
- Ensure scalability and front-end design integrity
- Work closely with the Design team to implement new features
- Independently support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release, and support)
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 3+ years of commercial mobile app development experience in Java and Android Studio
- Experience working with RESTful web services
- Experience with Git and management of branches
- Experience working in a SCRUM environment
- Ability to perform and thrive in a team environment
- At least one published app in app stores (public facing or enterprise)
- iOS Development experience a plus. Including Objective-C/Swift, Xcode and relevant frameworks
- Experience with web and/or backend development
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week and access to our fully stocked kitchen
- Transportation stipend
- Education stipend
H1B sponsorship is unavailable for this position.
Read Full Job Description