Mobile Software Engineer
Schoology, one of the fastest growing education technology companies, is putting collaboration at the heart of the learning experience with an easy-to-use learning management system (LMS) that connects the people, content and systems that fuel education. Millions of students, faculty and administrators from over 60,000 K-12 schools and higher education institutions worldwide use Schoology to advance what is possible in education.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren't afraid to show it.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for someone starting their career in software development. We want to find someone excited about building great mobile experiences. Here you will find the guidance to grow into a strong, well-rounded software engineer. Our team is passionate about delivering software that makes an impact in education today.
On our team, you will:
- Enhance our native Android and iOS apps, using the best of native and the web.
- Work on a cross-functional team to help design, build, test, ship, and monitor features.
- Have a say in what’s built — we collaborate, not throw specs “over the wall”.
- Practice continuous integration and continuous delivery to release changes often.
- Have a real impact on software used by millions of students, parents, and educators worldwide.
- Troubleshoot and fix the problems that prevent them from accomplishing their goals.
You’re a good fit if you:
- Have experience building apps for Android or iOS.
- Have an interest in working across Android, iOS, and the web.
- Are comfortable writing code in Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin, or Java.
- Have a passion for software development.
- Have a desire to constantly learn, both on the job and outside.
- Are interested in collaborating closely with others.
- Are self-motivated, organized, and driven.
- Can explain the iOS app life cycle, or the Android app life cycle.
- Have written automated tests for your code.
- Have worked with web APIs.
- Can explain the ideas behind object-oriented code.
- Have a sense of ownership of your code.
- Believe that shipping code is just one step in the process.
- Have an understanding of computer science concepts like data structures and algorithms.
- Have used Git or Mercurial to manage your source code.
All team members at Schoology are expected to embody our core values which are Passion, Collaboration, Innovation, Curiosity and Integrity.
Our mission is to continuously advance what is possible in education. You in?
Schoology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind.