Mobile Software Engineer at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
Our mobile teams will use Flutter to build apps that will eventually reach millions of users in the US. The desire and ability to learn new technologies like Flutter will be essential for this role. You will be one of many mobile software engineers working together to build best-in-class experiences for Bright Health members. Prior Flutter experience is not a requirement, although it would be a plus.
We are looking for software engineering professionals with a growth mindset who believe that team success is personal success. If you have at least two or more years of professional development experience in a team environment that employed sound engineering principles, we'd love to chat with you!
- Collaborate directly with product managers, UX designers, and other teammates to define and implement mobile applications.
- Contribute up and down the product stack (frontend + some backend) as needed to deliver the best user experience.
- Contribute across the complete development lifecycle, including technical design, work estimation, implementation of new features, and addressing feedback or bugs.
- Contribute to continually improve the team's productivity, culture, and code quality.
- Peer review team member's code and provide constructive feedback to improve quality.
- Create documentation and processes as needed to improve team productivity and transparency.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- 0 - 2 years in software development in a mature software organization
- At least 1 years of experience with either iOS or Android native development preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Experience building cloud-based applications using services like Azure or AWS
- Experience scaling applications from prototype to tens of thousands of daily active users
- Experience implementing Continuous Deployment processes and systems
- Experience supporting the applications you have built
- You have a growth mindset and help to lift others up.
- You employ sound engineering principles in your day-to-day work.
- You take pride in your work.
- You love learning, and you love teaching.
- You enjoy wearing multiple hats depending on what is required to deliver the best end-user experience.
- You are self-organized and manage time and resources well.
- You can work independently, but also communicate within a team.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.