Netsuite Application Analyst/Developer at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
Cloudflare’s Enterprise Systems and Processes Team builds and runs Enterprise systems to enable Cloudflare internal teams to operate efficiently and enable our customers and partners to do business with us. Enterprise Systems and Processes is part of the CIO organization.
About the role
Cloudflare is looking for an Application Analyst/Developer to help us enhance/support our core ERP system, as well as peripheral financial systems. In this role you will be developing new features, configuring Netsuite. The ideal candidate should have a solid analytical mindset, excellent interpersonal communications, diligent time management skills, be team-oriented and have a strong work ethic. This role will assist other core business systems analyst/architect across IT for strategic and business as usual projects.What you'll do
- Understand business requirements that span across Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Record to Report areas and translate them to technical requirements
- Deliver functional and technical specifications that includes functional hierarchy, workflow, business rules, interface design and definitions, outstanding issues, data analysis, and data mapping to business users and development staff
- Deliver high level estimates to develop and deploy functionality
- Develop and unit test the features
- Conduct gap analysis between application and stated customer requirements and collaborate with the team to estimate project impact.
- Facilitate and perform Build vs Buy analysis for new tools or new feature requests on existing applications
- Work with business and Production Support teams to communicate, verify, and test the desired functionality changes.
- Work with internal business users to demonstrate the changes to the system and ensure all relevant business needs are addressed.
- Manage multiple competing priorities through effective organization and communication.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 5+ years of continuous NetSuite system (SuiteScript) development experience in complex environments with multiple integrations
- NetSuite Administrator or ERP Consultant certification preferred.
- High motivation: be self-starter, with initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision using sound business judgement.
- Experience with Boomi, Workday, Coupa, Concur, Salesforce preferred
- Strong data analysis skills using Excel and knowledge of integration patterns including SOAP, REST, GraphQL, XML, JSON, SQL preferred.
- Prior work experience in the accounting field and knowledge of general accounting principles is preferred.
- Strong experience with NetSuite SuiteCloud Development Framework
- Hands on experience with SuiteScript 1.0 and 2.0/2.1 (Suite Script, Scheduled Scripts, Client Scripts, Portlet Scripts, csv imports, Workflow and Suitelet), SuiteTalk, SuiteBundler etc.
- Expert understanding of NetSuite model and functionality
- Working experience creating custom records, custom fields, saved searches, and creating/modifying workflows
- Working experience in SQL preferred
- Proficient in data querying and report writing
- Performing administration of NetSuite
- Configuring and implementing new NetSuite modules and features
- Performing data migration
- Supporting of NetSuite
- Optimize NetSuite for business needs, coordinating NetSuite teams, implementing best practices, act as NetSuite support, troubleshoot issues with our integration teams and work collaboratively to prepare our system for financial tracking, and automation.
- Develop, test, and deploy customizations, custom objects, and new functionality based on evolving business needs.
- Configure NetSuite to align to company use of forms, field, and customer records to manage unique business process requirements.
- Ensure business and functional requirements are properly configured in NetSuite and other IT enterprise applications.
- Integrating third party applications with the NetSuite ERP system
- Ability to learn new business processes or applications very quickly
- Must have a strong programming background authoring well written, well documented, modular, and clean code.
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Oversee our internal suite of enterprise SaaS apps for development, design, upgrade, and maintenance purposes, prioritizing requirements appropriately.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
184.108.40.206: We released 220.127.116.11 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.