Observability - Grafana Engineer at Elastic
The Observability team is in charge of developing solutions that focus on application developers and engineers that run infrastructure and services supporting these applications. Elasticsearch is an efficient datastore for logs, metrics, and application traces, supporting the three pillars of observability. The Observability team builds and maintains solutions that make getting insights from this data turnkey and efficient, such as our APM, Metrics, Logs and Uptime solutions. When developing these solutions, we think about the problem end-to-end: how do we automatically collect data from common data sources, how do we store it efficiently in Elasticsearch, how do we present this information to the user, what actions do we take on the insights from the data? All of these aspects are important in bringing a turnkey solution to the market.
As a Grafana engineer on the Observability team, you will be working on the Elasticsearch plugin for Grafana, building first-class support for Elasticsearch into Grafana, and ensuring Grafana users receive Elasticsearch support and features they need.
The team is diverse and distributed across the world, and collaborates on a daily basis over GitHub, Zoom, and Slack.What you will be doing
- Work on the Elasticsearch plugin for Grafana
- Interact with the community, understand their needs and help them use our products
- Collaborate with product managers and the Elasticsearch team
- Spread the word, write blog posts about features you worked on, speak at conferences, if you are willing to
- Prior experience contributing to Grafana
- Knowledge of Grafana internals
- Experience with both TypeScript and Go
- Experience writing automated tests
- Ability to work in a fast paced start-up environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a great teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong preference for Open Source experience
- Ability to work independently