Performance Engineer, Professional Services at SailPoint
SailPoint is seeking a Performance Engineer to join the SailPoint Professional Services Performance Team. This is a unique and challenging role in which the successful applicant will be a member of a team that studies, quantifies, and improves performance and operational stability of SailPoint’s products. The role includes broad exposure across multiple hardware, software, and cloud environment configurations. SailPoint’s clients deploy on a variety of platforms (both on-premise and cloud), and the Performance Engineer plays a critical role in enhancing the overall deployment experience of SailPoint products. The ideal candidate must be willing to learn new concepts and adapt to legacy components. Prior experience with SailPoint products is not required.
- Utilize established toolkits and documentation to conduct performance testing under a variety of scenarios on multiple PaaS / IaaS platforms.
- Assist with developing test cases, and work with alongside others to extract best practices from lessons learned during testing.
- Help maintain and improve a testing framework used to automate test cases and conduct benchmarks.
- Work with clients, partners, and other SailPoint staff members to help them improve the performance of their application deployment.
- Document results of performance tests or scalability assessments.
- Assist with educating others on techniques and lessons developed from analysis of software and infrastructure behavior.
- Maintain deployment best practice documents and tools for SailPoint’s products deployed on-premise or on cloud-hosted infrastructure.
- Work with others team members to develop measurable improvements in targeted performance areas.
- Continually improve knowledge of cloud platforms and testing/provisioning tools.
- Work independently or with others to accomplish directives.
- Bachelor’s degree or with an emphasis in Computer Science or related discipline (or 4 years of relevant work experience), preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to conceptualize and document systems for non-technical audiences.
- Familiarity with an object-oriented programming language such as Java, C#, C++, or Python.
- Knowledge of network infrastructure components (load balancers, switches, routers, firewalls), especially as they relate to cloud platforms.
- Knowledge of one or more database platforms (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, or Microsoft SQL Server) and relational database systems concepts.
- Understanding of basic web application architecture and concepts (HTTP, HTML, DNS, etc.).
- Basic exposure to cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure.
- Basic exposure to virtual machine or container concepts.
- Experience with the Linux terminal.
- Familiarity with source code management tools like Git or Subversion.
- Hands-on experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS or Azure
- Experience using software load testing tools (e.g. JMeter, Load Runner, Junit, etc.)
- Knowledge of IaC tools such as Terraform
- Knowledge of provisioning tools such as Ansible
- Hands-on experience with VMware or Docker
- Knowledge of build tools such as Ant, Maven, or Gradle
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.