Performance Test Engineer
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
As a Performance Engineer, you will lead the performance and scalability testing of our cloud-based products. You will own creation and execution of test plans and test scripts, monitoring and analyzing results. You will work closely with our engineering team, product managers, and other engineers in order to ensure the features we deliver to our customers have the highest level of quality and performance.
- Design, implement, and execute different types of scenarios like Performance, Load, Stress, and Scalability etc.
- Use profilers and APM tools to troubleshoot performance issues, identify and recommend performance tuning opportunities
- Collaborate with engineering leaders and project management to develop a prioritized test strategy with well-defined goals
- Create clear and concise test reports for key stakeholders
- Develop mocked web services using tools such as Wiremock
- Integrate performance testing as part of our CI/CD pipeline
- Expert knowledge of JMeter for testing REST APIs
- Solid experience programming with Groovy and Java
- Strong understanding of Cloud hosted containerized microservices
- Proficient in Unix/Linux operating systems
- Shell scripting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment concepts and processes
- NoSQL databases, Cassandra preferred
- CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and GitLab
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Knowledge of Protocols: SAML, OAuth and OpenID Connect