Platform Architect at Sysco LABS
About Sysco LABS
Sysco LABS is a technology-focused division within Sysco, dedicated to reimagining foodservice through innovation. An extension of Sysco’s commitment to deliver exceptional products and services to the foodservice industry, Sysco LABS uses customer and market intelligence, data-driven insights and agile technology development to rethink the entire foodservice ecosystem.
Our innovation will improve everything from the ordering process, inventory, pricing and automation to the in-restaurant customer experience. Operating with the mindset of a startup and backed by the authoritative expertise of an industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to improve the Sysco customer experience and consistently deliver cost savings and new innovations through technology.
About the Role
As the Platform Architect, you will be responsible for leading the development effort for Java and node.js services enabling 400k Sysco customers to submit $50B+ in annual revenue. This individual will be a part of the Sysco LABS engineering leadership team and will be responsible in standing up a net-new Platform team that will be centralizing and optimizing the development and maintenance of 30+ AWS-based microservices that integrate the Sysco LABS modern web and mobile applications with Sysco’s legacy systems. Significant hands-on experience in designing and running high-availability, low latency back-end services is required; an operational mindset of how to optimize application performance and ensure end-to-end monitoring is also required. He/she will be working with Austin and Sri Lankan engineering teams so the ability to document technical architecture and consumption patterns in a clear & concise manner is a priority. Lastly, Sysco LABS engineering and product organizations partner together on a day-to-day basis so the ability to “speak product” in addition to engineering is critical.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Proven track record of large-scale software development leadership, critical thinking and superior analytical skills
- 7+ years data modeling and working with DBA to optimize application performance
- 7+ years working with a product management organization to deliver custom-developed applications
- 5+ years operating in an Agile software development environment
- Demonstrated capability being a technical leader and influencing technical and functional groups
- Experience with Fortune 100 legacy applications and modern integration patterns
- Experience with Application Performance Management (APM) tools such as Dynatrace and Splunk
- Experience and strong point-of-view on modern DevOps architecture patterns
Perks at Sysco LABS:
- Competitive base & bonus packages
- Fun, casual, fast-paced work environment filled with talented colleagues
- Brand-new high-tech office space located in the heart of East 6th St, (walking distance to the MetroRail)
- Generous PTO policy
- Flexible work environment that encourages work/life balance
- Fully stocked break room & weekly catered lunch
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits and company 401(k) program
At Sysco LABS, you will be part of a team that values trust, learning, and working together to solve problems. Your efforts will help to build groundbreaking experiences for our customers. Come join us!
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.