At realtor.com, data is very important to us and we have lots of it, in motion and at rest. Our goal is to use this data to make the home buying experience a breeze for our consumers. We empower them with the most up-to-date information on properties, help them find their dream homes in the least amount of time and also match them with the most suitable realtor equipped to meet their individual needs. We're looking for an experienced data engineer with a broad set of skills to build our data and analytics infrastructure. If you are intrigued by the challenge of enabling a highly scalable and reliable data analytics platform in a dynamic team environment, this job is for you!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Architect, design and develop scalable data and analytics systems that capture consumer clickstream as well as other behavioral data from different touchpoints (e.g. web or mobile applications).
- Work collaboratively in different Agile/Scrum teams to build high-quality, scalable and reliable solutions.
- Collaborate across organization boundaries with product managers, data scientists, data analysts and marketers to develop data solutions that solve important customer problems.
- Apply a systematic approach to the design, development, delivery, maintenance and operation of our software services and offerings that will delight our customers and also real estate professionals.
- Work diligently and contribute to a fun, fast-paced, motivating, collaborative and rewarding environment.
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of development experience focusing on data or analytics engineering working with big data technologies (Hadoop MapReduce, HDFS, Spark etc.)
- 5+ years of experience with one of the following programming languages: Java, Scala, C/C++, or Python
- Knowledge in database design including experience in SQL, and data modeling.
- Knowledge in data modeling, data warehousing, and ETL pipeline.
- Experience with designing and implementing Web API.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure is a plus.
- A good understanding of the characteristics of clickstream and consumer behavior data such as customer identification, timestamp management and tracking beacon design is a plus.
- Experience with one or more Web/Digital Analytics Tools (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics etc.) and Tag Management System (e.g. Adobe DTM, Google Tag Manager) is preferred but not required.
- A Bachelor degree in computer science, mathematics or engineering is required. Advanced/Graduate degree is preferred.
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.