Molecula’s vision is to unlock human potential through the power of real-time data. Our core technology is an enterprise feature store that solves today’s massive data readiness problem by giving companies access to big data faster than ever before to power cutting-edge technologies. We are a burgeoning startup with a passionate team of dedicated engineers, designers, and business experts determined to make a positive impact.
Our preference is for the incumbent to be located in Austin, TX, however, we are open to candidates that would like to work remotely.
Molecula is looking for a Senior/Principal/Staff Developer Operations (DevOps) or Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our Cloud Engineering team. With your expertise in software and systems engineering, you will help us build and run large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems that will allow our users to push the boundaries on how data is accessed today. You will provide technical leadership across cross functional software, infrastructure, data, security, and product teams to ensure we deliver the most reliable and stable feature store ever.
- Lead designs of major software components, systems, and features to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Molecula’s services.
- Improve our infrastructure capabilities, optimizing for cost, simplicity, and maintainability.
- Provide guidance to other team members on managing end-to-end availability and performance of mission critical services, on building automation to prevent problem recurrence, and on building automated responses for non-exceptional service conditions.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards, and to cultivate innovation and collaboration across multiple teams.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Work closely with Product and Software developers to ensure that security and operations are considered throughout the entire development cycle.
- Minimum Qualifications
- 10+ years of relevant work experience as a DevOps, Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), or similar role.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with Go, Rust, C, or other systems programming languages.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Experience designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience designing and building containerized application deployments with Kubernetes or similar.
- Experience with instrumenting applications with observability tooling including metrics, tracing, and logging.
- Experience in networking, security, hardware or OS performance tuning
- 3+ years of work experience as a software engineer.
- Experience operating and automating cloud or SaaS products.
- Experience with configuration management such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
To all recruitment agencies: Molecula does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Molecula employees or any other organization location. Molecula is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Molecula is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know as a response in the application.