The Principal Engineer analyzes, designs, develops, and tests software applications for features, modules, software enhancements and new products, using specifications and prototypes based on competitive market, customer requirements, business functionality and identifies tools, processes and technologies for problem resolution.
- Analyze, design, develop and unit test software applications with high quality and on schedule, including business critical Web services to be consumed by internal/external applications
- Use state-of-the-art technologies and best practices to deliver your implementation
- Collaborate closely with groups in and outside the development team (eg. QA, Product Management, UE, Tech Pub) to achieve high quality, predictable results
- Prepares, validates, improves, and re-engineers functions / processes. Drives change and improvements within a group.
- Balances conflicting business and technical requirements and establishes partnerships with customers.
- Expert in a given domain and/or technology. A leader of at least one team.
- Produces well thought-out architecture with scale, performance, security, and availability considerations.
- Capable of doing full stack in multiple technologies
- Develops detailed implementation plans.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver working solutions on time
- Recognizes technology opportunities to support business growth while balancing risks and priorities.
- Able to influence and collaborate closely with groups within the product line
- Spends a portion of their time in leadership activities
- 6-8 years of professional experience in commercial software or corporate application development
- Knowledge and experience in enterprise-scale multi-tier, distributed architecture
- Understanding of HTTP/S and Windows/Web-based application architecture
- Solid experience in object-oriented design and development with C#
- Solid experience in .NET technologies (e.g. WCF, WebAPI, MVC)
- Strong in database concepts and solid experience in databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, and/or NoSQL
- Strong Transact SQL (T-SQL) programming and design skills.
- Solid experience in working with large volumes of data within a SQL Server environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver working solutions on a tight schedule
- Experience leading a project
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BA/BS or higher in a computer software or related field
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team of engineers and own, coordinate, and drive projects from beginning to completion
- SaaS/Cloud experience (design and operational)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with performance tuning or optimizing code (back-end/front-end)
- Knowledge of Web services and SoA, including SOAP/XML, REST/JSON
- Experience leading a team of developers
What's in it for you:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401k + matching
- Employee stock options
- Phone & internet reimbursement
- Flexible time off + company holidays
- Weekly catered lunches + snacks
- Wellness program
- Company sponsored events
Why work with us?
- Passionate, fun, supportive team
- Thriving company with impressive growth trajectory
- Product that makes a real difference
- Cutting-edge, industry-disrupting technology
Restaurant365 is a cloud-based, all-inclusive back office solution that combines key restaurant modules with an integrated accounting backbone. R365 was founded by an experienced team of software veterans committed to developing an accounting, back office, and reporting tool – specifically for restaurants – that scales and positions restaurant concepts for growth.