We're looking to add a new node to the Product Marketing cluster, focusing on Elastic Enterprise Search solutions. As a Product Marketing Engineer at Elastic you work closely with the Product Management and Solution Architect teams to produce demo content and provide a reliable environment to access it.
Ideally, you bring a strong search background and front end design experience. In that context, for this role, you’ll help us to run a mix of static and on demand environments where internal users can launch their own demos and show the power of Elastic Enterprise Search -- this same environment hosts demos of the Elastic Stack, Security and Observability as well, so ability to collaborate in a dynamic environment is critical.
What you will be doing
- Creating new demo content, based on our solution, Elastic Enterprise Search, and search use cases. Building apps, UIs, and thinking of creative ways to exploit and market our technology.
- Improving our automation, build and processes to make demo maintenance easier, more reliable and faster.
- Writing technical blog posts on how to use our technology.
- Maintaining current demos - upgrading them to the latest version of the Elastic Stack and enhancing them to exploit new features.
- Supporting the existing infrastructure and demo environment that provides content for our field.
Essential Skills you will bring along
- You can build UIs quickly with a variety of platforms
- Site-Reliability Engineering - We are an operations team. We solve problems with code, but fundamentally we keep things working. You may have worked as an SRE.
- Infrastructure-as-code - You may have experience automating production Linux systems collaboratively, deriving configuration through version control, and are proficient in some of Docker, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, Habitat, Dhall, Terraform, Packer, your own shell scripts. Maybe you've thrown half of that away and use Kubernetes. We do that too
- You've built web apps and web sites from scratch, preferably using search
- A passion for search and the Elastic Stack.
- You’re excited to learn new technologies and don’t mind inheriting code from others.
- You value progress over perfection. You’re adept at building demos and proofs of concepts, and can live with skipping tests.
Preferred Skills that are a nice to have
- Design experience - You're a creative and have a knack for designing simple, beautiful UIs. You enjoy creating great user experiences.
- An understanding of search - even better if you've used the Elastic Stack
- Experience in traditional enterprise search or e-commerce
- You've worked for a search vendor
- You have some exposure to the sales experience where demos play a crucial role, and know what it takes to wow prospect