Principal Security Engineer, Purple Team at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a Principal Security Engineer, Purple Team to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Principal Security Engineer, Purple Team, you’ll be a key member of the Security Operations group, within the Security Engineering Division. You’ll use your knowledge of threat actor tools, tactics, and procedures to build an effective incident response toolset and process. This role requires a strong background in security as it relates to production cloud platform infrastructure, penetration testing, application security, and other aspects of network/cloud infrastructure. If you’re interested in becoming a foundational member of the Procore security team, setting the course for security within Procore for years to come—we’d like to hear from you.
This position will report to our Senior Manager of Security Operations and has the opportunity to be based in any of our US office locations. Remote candidates will be considered with experience. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the technical lead for incident response (Blue team) and security assessments (Red team)
- Work closely with Security Architecture to implement a security observability strategy
- Work closely with SRE and IT Operations NOC/SOC to unify our incident response process
- Be an escalation point of last resort during complex and impactful security incidents
- Scope and referee responsibly conducted penetration tests of our production environment; focus on avoiding self-imposed incidents as we conduct testing
- Understand the organizational threat model, and develop TTP libraries of our key adversaries
- Conduct threat hunting exercises
- Oversee production of quality SOPs which, when developed fully, become candidates for automation on our SOAR platform
- Work across Ruby on Rails, Apache, Nginx, PostgreSQL, AWS tech stacks
What we are looking for:
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience is required; MS or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- 10+ years of total experience with:
- 3+ experience in Application Security including Ruby on Rails development with deployment to a production environment
- 3+ years of experience in penetration testing, including mobile and web applications
- 2+ years of experience in incident response
- Experience building and deploying security observability systems including logging, monitoring, flows, UBA, and SIEM
- Experience with data engineering and analysis tools for threat hunting
- Linux system Forensics; familiarity with Malware techniques and Sandbox environments Static and Dynamic code analysis tools
- Deep background and experience with AWS, Containers, Container Management, Configuration Management, and Networking Protocols
- Basic project management skills, experience creating application documentation, and demonstrated ability to train other team members
- Technical Certifications are a plus (GIAC, OCSP, CISSP)
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment, and development programs, and friends & family events.