Principal Security Logging Program Lead at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Our security team is growing. We are building a new security program dedicated to strengthening our organization's security log content. Are you excited at the prospect of enabling thousands of application developers to improve the security of their applications, and ultimately improve the security of millions of users that use Atlassian products? Atlassian has an amazing opportunity for you!
The Principal Security Logging Program Lead will work closely with the security teams, logging infrastructure teams, and product teams to ensure we have the security telemetry we need across Atlassian. You will help shape logging processes and logging standards to scale our needs and increase our security posture. Your efforts will help us fulfill our future regulatory and compliance needs along with providing our security teams the data they need to protect our customers.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years working in security
- Comprehensive understanding of product and infrastructure logs from a security perspective
- Extensive experience participating in security incident investigations, hunts, or security detection creation
- Experience in SaaS security models, cloud security architecture and infrastructure
- Experience leading projects from start to finish and mentoring other security practitioners
- Expertise in building developer commitment to security
- Experience building security programs aimed at understanding and improving the security posture of products
- An ability to reason about security decisions
- An ability to communicate ideas clearly and effectively to engineers who know way more than you about their code
More about our team
We want diverse skill sets and super-smart people so we can all learn from each other and do interesting things. We don't just click the same buttons over and over. You will be working along with the security engineering team - a crazy smart group dedicated to improving the security of our products and engineering practices. We work both independently and in collaboration with development teams as we assess and respond to security issues that might occur with new products and features.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians drive our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .