Our preference is for the incumbent to be located in Austin, TX, however, we are open to candidates that would like to work remotely. Remote candidates need to be ok with working CENTRAL TIME hours.
Molecula is looking for a Senior/Principal/Staff Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our Engineering team. With your expertise in software and systems engineering, you will help us build and operate large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems that will allow our users to push the boundaries on how data is accessed today. You will provide technical leadership across cross functional software, infrastructure, data, security, and product teams to ensure we deliver the most reliable and stable feature store ever.
- Participate in designs of major software components, systems, and features to improve the reliability and availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Molecula’s services.
- Improve our infrastructure capabilities by guiding the definition of service level objectives for Molecula services.
- Provide guidance to other team members on observability, capacity planning and managing to documented service level objectives.
- Evangelize a culture of reliability and help mentor and train other team members on designing automation in order to meet service level objectives.
- Drive practice around blameless post-incident review in order to ensure continuous improvement.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Work closely with Product and Software developers to ensure that security and operations are considered throughout the entire development cycle.
- Minimum Qualifications
- 10+ years of relevant work experience as a DevOps, Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), or similar role
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with Go, Rust, C, or Python, or similar programming languages
- Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Experience designing, analyzing, automating and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with instrumenting applications with observability tooling including metrics, tracing, and logging
- Experience evangelizing and mentoring teams in site reliability culture
- Experience in networking, security, hardware or OS performance tuning
- Experience operating and automating cloud or SaaS products
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines such as Jenkins, Azure DevOps, CircleCI to create end-to-end pipelines for all staging environments (Dev, Test, UAT, Production) is a plus.
To all recruitment agencies: Molecula does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Molecula employees or any other organization location. Molecula is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Molecula is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know as a response in the application.