Principal Software Development Engineer
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
What you can expect
- Serve as a senior technical contributor on an agile team developing and expanding the analysis capabilities of our cloud security platforms.
- Collaborate with product management and product architecture to strike a balance between design cost and value to our customers.
- Deliver secure, multi-tenant solutions, which scale with our customer’s needs.
- Mentor junior employees, because it not only comes with the leadership role - it allows you to save the most difficult challenges for yourself.
Skills needed to be successful
- Experience: B.S. or M.S. in Engineering and/or Computer Science and a minimum of 10+ years directly related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Development Languages: Fluency in any one OO language – C++, Python, Java.
- Architectural Styles: OO Design, REST API, Micro services architecture, multi-tenant architecture, public cloud (AWS, Azure , Google Cloud)
- Operating Environments: Linux containers runtimes (Docker, LXC), Virtualization technology (OpenStack, VMware)
This might be a position for you if…
- You didn't find this job position posted online, your public cloud did the grunt work for you
- You’re as comfortable in creating UML diagrams to communicate your OO design as fish in water.
- When learning a new protocol you would rather just read the RFC - to cut out the middleman.
- You are always looking for better, simpler ways to do things.