Principal Software Engineer, Automation Systems at Care.com
Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents, so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Care.com offers an array of services that enable families to find, manage and pay for care and provide employment opportunities for caregivers. Our engineering organization is reimagining our tech stacks and consolidating to a single cloud-native platform, so we can test and learn faster.
The new platform is composed of gRPC microservices and Lambdas in Go, Kafka streams, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, GraphQL, and micro-frontends on Node and React. We're using industry practices and tools like OpenTelemetry, Splunk, GitHub, SignalFX, Figma, and others to make our lives easier.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, standout colleagues, and big problem solvers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you flourish with collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.What You'll Be Working On:
- Design, architect, and implement automation frameworks across a modern tech stack based in a Service Oriented Architecture, including micro frontends and native mobile apps
- Develop and continuously improve automated tests as new system features and improvements are developed
- Implement automated tests and manage the resulting defect log through the point of defect fix validation
- Identify and report to product, development teams questionable functions, performance concerns, and inconsistencies in web and mobile apps – iOS and Android
- Document and mentor other QA engineers in the use of the testing framework
- Assist in the identification, selection, and implementation of tools, technologies, and practices that support the overall QA process
- Contribute to accurate time estimates for automation test development
- 7+ years of QA experience
- 2+ years of hands-on Automation experience in Mobile Apps iOS, Android
- 2+ years Appium and Selenium experience
- Solid understanding of modern test automation frameworks and how they fit into modern tech stacks, including microservices, micro frontends, and Mobile Apps (both iOS and Android) Testing.
- The ability to write, complete, and analyze results, Log defects and follow up to resolution is a plus
- Experience in testing multi-tiered applications developed using Java/J2EE, Swift, and Kotlin Golang, node.js are a plus
- AWS exposure, Database like MySQL, Oracle experience is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment as a project requires.
- Excellent people skills, time management skills, and ability to take ownership of work.
Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation, please reach out to [email protected]Company Overview:
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).