Principal Software Engineer (Growth) at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Principal Software Engineer to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Principal Software Engineer on our Growth team, you’ll play a key role in our technology strategy by directly enabling the experiences built on the platform to seamlessly flex, extend, and meet customer’s unique construction needs on a global scale. While driving immediate and long-term strategic direction for major parts of the technology stack, you’ll identify critical areas based on future growth and collaborate with Product, UX, and other groups to develop roadmaps and tackle initiatives.
Backed by the might of our teams, you’ll be provided with the tools and resources needed to achieve extraordinary results that render a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional engineering roles. If you’re a strong leader with proven experience evaluating industry best-of-class technical approaches—we have a spot for you on our team.
This position will report to the Director of Engineering and has the opportunity to be based in our Carpinteria, CA, or Austin, TX offices or work remotely from any U.S location. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute significantly to the architecture, design, and development of Procore’s application growth in key team areas
- Contribute to core initiatives at Procore as well as independent, innovative technical projects
- Use a collaborative approach to lead architectural design decisions that improve scalability and performance
- Develop teammates by conducting code reviews, providing mentorship, pairing, and training opportunities
- Serve as a subject matter expert in a domain, including processes and software design that help guide others to create and maintain a healthy codebase
- Drive critical teams that are building our next wave of technology design for the future of Procore
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred, or comparable work experience
- 12+ years experience combined in Programming, Saas/ PaaS applications, frontend and backend engineering, test-driven development, and architecture design principles
- Track record of anticipating and designing solutions to overcome technical problems
- Built or significantly improved large technological areas or architecture initiatives
- Experience with relational, non-relational, and graph datastores
- Time-honed expertise with modern web and backend development across the entire spectrum of development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
- Experience of moving from monolithic to service-based architectures
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.