Principal Software Engineer, VB.NET at Blackbaud
From a technical perspective, we are making noise by doing things like open sourcing our SKY UX which is an Angular framework providing consistency in our software and allowing external clients to extend via our APIs. We were also recently announced as making Forbes’ 25 Fastest Growing Public Tech Companies.
Many individuals find themselves coming to Blackbaud because of the clients we serve. The idea of using your craft/skillset to help non-profit organizations further improve how they achieve success for their causes is a great driving force for many people here.
About the role:
Blackbaud is looking for an experienced Principal Software Engineer to help us drive innovation and lead the technical strategy for our industry-leading customizable platform and products. Utilizing multiple technologies, you will collaborate with clients, project team members, and key stakeholders to ensure the development and technical strategies of our solutions meets the needs of today and tomorrow. You’ll provide technical expertise to strategic discussions, influence roadmap decisions, be a key idea contributor, and provide technical mentorship to your peers. You’ll provide input on high level product line decisions, product designs and implementations as well as write code to help bring our existing products into the future.
Our ideal engineer is collaborative in nature, opinionated about contemporary software development practices and open-minded to contrasting views. If you’re passionate about technology and an expert in building tools with a wide set of domain knowledge around UI, full stack development or API development, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive technical design and validation, while partnering with key stakeholders on technical direction and ensuring implementation aligns with technical strategies and strategic business objectives.
- Investigate, Identify and execute on areas of the application where it makes sense to build out microservices or other modern technical solutions for the benefit of all products in our portfolio
- Profiling and auditing the system to identify areas of improvement that align with the future Blackbaud vision
- Provide technical leadership and guidance on engineering initiatives for internal and client needs
- Mentor and iterate on industry trends for best practice and innovation for our products to guide future roadmap decisions
- Research and introduce and transition new technology into the organization. Keep abreast of technology advances and issues impacting client’s domains.
What we’ll want you to have:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar field or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years’ experience developing software using contemporary technologies
- Understanding of software engineering best practices including: agile methodology, design patterns, decoupled architectures, and test-driven development
- Excellent communication skills – Ability to listen and share ideas in small or large groups
- Proven experience providing mentorship to other engineers
- Passion for keeping up to date with evolving technologies and finding creative ways to bring those ideas to our existing features/products