Principal Software Engineer
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent STEM field.
- You have 10+ years professional experience in software development.
- You take pride in mentoring junior and other senior engineers and consider the progress of your team members a key indicator of your performance.
- You have experience building, scaling, and maintaining a highly available API hosted in a public cloud.
- You understand the nuances and challenges that come with building an API that supports both native and web apps
- You’re skilled in building consensus across teams and inspiring teammates to deliver a better vision and product.
- You’re committed to learning and believe that every day you do not progress as a technologist is a day that you’re falling behind.
- You delight in making simple, elegant, functional, and beautiful systems. You encourage others to do the same.
What You'll Do
- You’ll mentor and guide a talented group of early and mid-career engineers.
- You will collaborate with other Principal Software Engineers to enhance the state of technology and architecture of RetailMeNot as a whole
- You will write and deliver software as a member of an Agile scrum team.
- You’ll cultivate and enhance a culture built around standard methodologies for testing, automation, and monitoring.
- You will develop a deep understanding of the business and use that knowledge to collaboratively build a roadmap for the next major iteration of the API to support where the business is heading.
- You’ll bring expertise in distributed systems to improve reliability, scalability, and performance of an API serving millions of customers.
- You will work together with your Agile team to improve process and delivery through collaborative problem solving.
Who We Are
- We believe our technologists should make technology decisions. We give engineers a great deal of freedom to make technical choices and to collaboratively define our technical roadmap.
- We believe the role of engineering leadership is to create and maintain an organization that empowers engineers to thrive and build efficiently
- We devote a ton of effort and resources to hiring and retaining a team of excellent engineers because we believe that extraordinary engineers are happiest when they have a supportive and equally exceptional team helping them to succeed and grow.
- We are a polyglot company that utilizes dynamic and static languages, some functional, and others object oriented.
- We use the newest service offerings of public cloud providers, as well as important open source technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.