Principal Software Engineer
The home search starts online, but the real estate industry is often optimized for in-person, one-on-one service. That's a fantastic experience once you connect with the right professional, but finding the right fit isn't always a smooth process. Opcity built a nationwide real-time data and technology platform combining cutting edge deep learning, business analytics and human intuition with the latest web, mobile and digital telephony technologies to enable our team of professionals, and thousands of real estate agents and brokers, to make sure we connect every home buy with the right agent at the right time so more time is spent finding a home and less time finding the perfect agent.
YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT OPCITY BECAUSE WE
- Are a successful, vibrant, fast-growing data-driven company
- Work collaboratively to draw on each team members unique experience
- Are at the forefront of tech and real estate, redefining the home buying experience for the next generation.
- Are passionate about our customers and live/breathe the user experience.
- Get to be creative every day.
- Believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
- Offer competitive compensation based on your level and experience
- Are serious about our commitment to life-work balance
We’ll be moving our Engineering team from our HQ offices on Burleson Rd. to Downtown, Austin, TX.
What you will do
- Build full stack React/Redux applications that talk to Python API services
- Deliver new features to our iOS and Android mobile app using React Native
- Build backend services around advanced machine learning and predictive analytic models
- Design and operationalize data pipelines using advanced data architectures deployed on Amazon Web Services
- Optimize our developer toolchain to support instant provisioning of new services and infrastructure, fully automate deployment, and minimize development friction.
- Strong software engineering instincts: meaningful and deeply rooted opinions about sound quality/speed trade-offs, code quality, and testing
- Experience shepherding engineers, fostering a collaborative environment and leading from the front
- Significant experience building and operating critical high-scale systems
- Exceptional technical skills across frontend (we use React) and backend (we use Python, Flask, Docker), and broad exposure to cloud-based architectures (we use AWS)
- An inquisitive mindset, you are always looking to grow your technical ability by staying up to date with advancements in technology
- A Passion for getting your hands dirty and writing code (yes you will write code)
- B.S. Computer Science, related field, or equivalent professional experience
Read Full Job Description