Principal Software Engineer at SciPlay
Scientific Games, Social is a global leader focused in providing an ever-expanding portfolio of robust iGaming and Social Casino solutions to the global gaming industry. To put it simply - we make Mobile and Facebook games that are fun to play, fun to make, and we're growing like crazy! Scientific Games global reach is made possible by the expertise of our rock star teams and game makers. Want to be part of a fast-paced company that lands in the Top 1% of Social Casino games? See more details below!
SciPlay is a leading developer and publisher of digital games on mobile and web platforms, providing highly entertaining free-to-play games that millions of people play every day for their authenticity, engagement and fun.
SciPlay currently offers nine core games, including social casino games Jackpot Party Casino, Gold Fish Casino Slots, Hot Shot Casino and Quick Hit Slots, and casual games MONOPOLY Slots, Bingo Showdown, 88 Fortunes Slots, Backgammon Live, Solitaire Pet Adventure with offices all over the world!
Due to COVID-19, our employees are working remotely until further notice. We will continue to work remotely until the company determines it is safe to return as per guidelines set by the CDC/WHO and other official state and local entities. We value the safety of our communities and employees and look forward to joining each other again as we re-open our offices when it is safe to do so and all appropriate safety measures are in place.
Provide hands-on development expertise, technical direction, and mentorship, while helping to refine a shared code base used across a number of high-profile mobile games in a fast-paced, fun working environment
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with engineering leads from multiple teams to help define gaps and areas for improvement in the existing code base
- Provide architectural insight and develop shared systems which can be utilized by all game teams
- Provide technical expertise, advice, and mentorship to engineers
- Aid in the continuing development of coding standards and best practices
- Deliver high quality, well-documented code that complies with technical design and product requirements
- Stay apprised of innovations in the industry and make recommendations on their applicability
- Help to drive the technology roadmap for mobile development
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years of object oriented development experience that demonstrates a deep understanding of coding techniques, documentation, and managing the overall technical integrity of a large code base, including portability, extensibility, and testability
- Experience in developing mobile games, preferably in the Unity engine
- Experience with optimization, profiling, and debugging tools and techniques, particularly on mobile platforms
- Experience with Unity and its plugin ecosystem
- Experience with data driven applications
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Proven ability to take direction and work with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to work in deadline driven environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are SciPlay! We make games!
The roots of our company are simple and strong: Our founder, Aaron “Shurm” Schurman, fell head over heels for casino games and had a vision to create the most entertaining free-to-play casino games for gamers around the world.
We’ve grown into a company that makes games we are truly proud of and that are enjoyed by millions of players every day. Our history is extensive, but we’re just getting started. In 1998, we got our start as Phantom EFX and in 2019, we reintroduced ourselves as SciPlay and went public on the Nasdaq.
At SciPlay, we are programmed to think untraditionally. From our yearly development conferences, shindigs, and new game launches, we believe in doing what you love and doing it well. We take great pride in our ability to create authentic experiences for players and we are excited to continue investing in our workforce, technology, and our data-driven approach, all with the mission of delighting our players long into the future. We believe that if we continue to stay passionate, set ambitious goals, live our values and play together, we will become the #1 social casino and casual gaming company in the world.
A few of our highlighted perks and benefits:
- Competitive salaries and annual bonuses alongside matching 401k and other competitive benefits.
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Fully stocked gameroom featuring current generation consoles and titles, shuffle board tables, foosball tables, and arcade cabinets (including our prized 5v5 cabinet ultra-rare copy of Killer Queen!)
- Brand new, shiny, and aesthetically pleasing 10,000 sq ft office located in the Arboretum area in Austin
SciPlay Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, SciPlay) are committed to creating a workforce of credibility and dependability. As a prerequisite to employment with SciPlay (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SciPlay conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you. This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. SciPlay is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.