Principal Software Engineer at Khoros
At Khoros, our passion is to help the world's best brands create customers for life. We build products we're proud of, and we're passionate about customer success. As part of the Vista Equity family, you'll receive best in class development opportunities and the ability to work with customers like Samsung, HP, Sony and Visa.
The Khoros engagement platform comprises Online Community, Social Media Management and Messaging products for social customer service, social support and social media marketing teams to listen, respond and act on customer conversations - creating deep relationships and fostering brand loyalty and advocacy.
We're looking to add a Principal Software Engineer to an already awesome engineering team. You'll help us build an industry-leading analytics platform in the social media space. We value teamwork, autonomy and delighting customers with excellent products, and would love to talk to you about it!
Some Responsibilities Include:
- Provide technical leadership, including research, analysis, problem solving, and input into architecture and software design
- Develop software as a team member within the Scrum framework, providing technical input and guidance (rather than making all technical decisions on the team)
- Participate in and at times lead scalability projects along with management to allow for proper planning, design, implementation, and testing.
- Building an industry-leading cloud-based platform with technologies like Java, MySQL, Kinesis, Docker, Kubernetes on AWS environment
- Leading execution of the product roadmap
- Identifying, planning and delivering on a technical roadmap
- Leading architectural design discussions within and across teams
- Championing and upholding an exceptional engineering culture and practices
- Communicating with clarity, transparency and candor with stakeholders like Product Management and Engineering Leadership
- Shaping agile processes to support great teamwork and delivery
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 7+ years building software using Java
- 5+ years of experience building cloud-based SaaS software with open-source server technologies
- 5+ years of experience with relational (e.g., MySQL, Postgres) and nosql databases (e.g., Cassandra)
- Experience with event streaming and data processing technologies like Kafka or Spark
- Experience with Elastic Search tuning/optimizing
- Experience with monitoring tools (AWS CloudWatch, Datadog, Prometheus, AppDynamics)
- Experience with building high-volume and real-time streaming systems in AWS cloud environment
- Substantial experience leading collaboration through git, pull requests and architectural design discussions
- Track record of engineering mentorship and advocacy for sound engineering practices
Nice to Have
- Basic understanding of the Social domain and its APIs
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN OUR TEAM ?
- Performance Driven
- Flexible Working hours
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance
- Gym Allowance
- Generous leave policy
- Among the best in industry
- Annual bonus
Equal employment opportunity
- Our employment practises