Principal Software Engineer at Khoros (Remote)
At Khoros, our passion is to help the world's best brands create customers for life. We build products we're proud of, and we're passionate about customer success. As part of the Vista Equity family, you'll receive best in class development opportunities.
The Khoros digital engagement platform comprises Online Community, Social Media Management, Messaging products and Customer Analytics for digital contact center, social support and social media marketing teams to listen, respond and act on customer conversations - creating deep relationships and fostering brand loyalty and advocacy.
We're looking to add a Principal Software Engineer to an already awesome engineering organization. You'll help us build an industry-leading platform in the digital contact center space. We value teamwork, autonomy and delighting customers with excellent products, and would love to talk to you about it!
Some Responsibilities Include:
- Provide technical leadership, including research, analysis, prototyping, and optimization input into the product development process
- Contribute to the planning and optimization of the product/technical roadmaps
- Leading architectural design discussions across teams and organizations
- Championing and upholding an exceptional engineering culture and practices
- Communicating with clarity, transparency and candor with stakeholders like Product Management and Engineering Leadership
- Shaping agile processes to support great teamwork and delivery
- 10+ years of software engineering experience using a combination of Java and/or Python
- 5+ years experience designing, documenting and communicating message-centric ecosystem architectures
- 5+ years experience identifying, defining and conveying the cost of technical debt
- 5+ years of experience building AWS based ecosystems
- 5+ years experience designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines
- 5+ years experience with high volume event streaming and message processing technologies like Kafka/Kinesis or Spark
- 5+ years implementing effective application monitoring solutions
- 5+ years of experience with relational (e.g., MySQL, Postgres) and nosql databases (e.g., DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra)
Nice to Have
- Basic understanding of the Social domain and its APIs
- Experience with Elastic Search tuning/optimizing
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN OUR TEAM ?
- Performance Driven
- Flexible Working hours
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance
- Gym Allowance
- Generous leave policy
- Among the best in industry
- Annual bonus
Equal employment opportunity
- Our employment practises
This role is budgeted in the $185k- 200k base salary range with a 15% annual bonus. Salary and bonus will ultimately be based on a candidate's experience and external market factors.