Principal Software Engineer at Atmosphere (Austin, TX)
PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Atmosphere is currently looking for a highly motivated Principal Software Engineer who will help us maintain existing products as well as bring the new products to life. This individual will be knowledgeable across the stack front end, apis, datastores as well as how to quickly and safely develop, test, deploy and maintain these products. Proficiency in working with modern frameworks to build the backbone of dynamic web applications is a must. The individual must also be passionate about the customer’s user experience and provide meaningful input, direction and coordination across the team to ensure we’re building the right thing for the customer. The individual should also be passionate about clean, simple code bases. They should also be passionate about helping their team and product become more badass!
Atmosphere was incubated under the Chive Media Group and spun out in 2019. Since then, Atmosphere has tapped into something no other cable company has ever attempted. It's single-handedly defined the streaming TV-for-business category. By designing a streaming service focused on retail businesses, Atmosphere is meeting the needs of two underserved markets: businesses looking for free, audio-optional TV programming, and advertisers that have never been able to effectively buy media to reach an out-of-home audience on TV screens. With millions of TV customers cutting their live tv subscriptions, both cable and streaming, Atmosphere allows TV advertisers to reach an unreachable audience. Recently Atmosphere raised a $100M Series C and is growing its team, distribution network and product value like crazy!
- Architect, develop, test, deploy and monitor scalable web-based applications
- Push for code quality and simplicity
- Works with product, UX and customers to make sure the team is building the right thing
- Proactively plans how to test (both manual and automation) and deploy features
- Manage, mentor, coach other engineers
- Bias towards simplicity
- 8 years designing and building systems:
- Frontends: html/css/js js frameworks etc
- Backends: REST APIS, RDBMS etc
- Version Control, 3rd party apis, Agile
- Strong experience leading other engineers and projects
- Strong CS algorithm and data structures background
- Super eager to learn, work hard and grow
NICE TO HAVE
- PHP, Node.js, Python
- Modern frontend frameworks like Vue.js, React
- Modern backend frameworks like NestJS, Laravel, Flask, etc..
- GCP, AWS, CI/CD, Testing automation
- CS Degree
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary
- Company 401(k)
- Company equity
- Competitive insurance plans
- Coolest office in Austin
- Catered lunches
- Open vacation policy
- So much more!