Do you get excited about disrupting the status quo? Are you an experienced and motivated technologist with a passion for solving complex business challenges? Would you like to be a part of shifting the direction of global healthcare from the inside out?
The engineering team at Babylon is an agile machine. As we iterate toward our north star, we need a thought leader who will dream big and build fast. In your role as a Principal Architect, you will navigate a complex environment - with the intent to simplify and scale with speed. You will define and articulate a compelling vision, set it in motion, and inspire key stakeholders to see it to fruition. Using your ability to invent and simplify, you’ll support the development of repeatable patterns and scalable systems. You’ll have a strategic influence on highly visible and impactful transformation projects. These will be both technically broad and deep - and will test your strategic thinking, business acumen, and analytical skills to the fullest. Considered an advisor to the Engineering Leadership Team, you’ll drive significant change at scale - with the goal of architecting a robust, scalable, and highly consumable distributed infrastructure.
This role should be commutable to one of our global engineering hubs: NORAM - Austin, TX, EMEA - London, UK.
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON
- Shape and drive a long-term architectural vision for a key domain in Babylon’s engineering architecture
- Guide cross-functional engineering teams in architecting large scale proposals to help realize business value outcomes
- Design systems that are testable, maintainable and can operate at scale
- Develop and drive key engineering, product and business KPIs
- Continually improve designs, services, processes, and tools
- Mentor and coach engineers for growth and development - champion best engineering principles and common reference patterns
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Confident decision-making skills and the ability to develop clear technical solutions from business requirements
- Self-motivated with a deep understanding of cloud use cases, architectures, workflows and ecosystems - the ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical
- Hands-on experience working in collaboration with multiple engineering teams to deliver a large-scale design
- Excellent experience with microservice architectures, event-based systems, and modern single-page applications and mobile apps.
- Great working knowledge of Java, React and React Native is a bonus
- Experience running system in cloud environments and devops/SRE methodologies
- Strong technical leader with excellent verbal and written communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER
Whether you work in one of our amazing offices or a distributed team, Babylon is highly collaborative and fun! You’ll have a chance to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders. We have a learning environment where you can make an impact.
WHO WE ARE
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant. To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
DIVERSITY AT BABYLON
We believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That’s why it’s at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. We’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Read Full Job Description