Principal Test Engineer at CesiumAstro
CesiumAstro is a rapidly growing space technology startup in Austin, Texas, developing out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. Our approach is unique, and our team is changing the world of space communications. Learn more about our company at https://www.cesiumastro.com.
We are looking to add a Principal Test Engineer to our team. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about developing test systems for leading-edge satellite, spacecraft, and aerospace communication systems, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you are responsible for CesiumAstro’s engineering test plans, processes, and systems. Core responsibilities include:
- Defining, developing, and executing verification plans
- Developing test processes and guidelines
- Developing scalable and reusable test systems
The ideal candidate demonstrates the ability to own and lead verification processes that involve multi-disciplinary teams and a diverse set of stakeholders. Additionally, the candidate possesses a strong combination of software and hardware knowledge enabling the definition and development of reusable test architectures.
Core day-to-day responsibilities include collaborating with engineering teams to develop verification plans, mapping these plans to reusable test architectures and procedures, implementing test plans and procedures, and logging and presenting results to key stakeholders. Additional responsibilities include lab and equipment management and guiding key equipment purchase decisions.
The successful candidate will present engineering design review materials to our customers and executive team, as well as participate in proposal-writing efforts. As such, excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We provide generous benefits and stock option package to all our employees.
Successful candidates will require, as a minimum:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) or higher degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited university or institution.
- Minimum of 3+ years of industry or university research experience in the architecture, analysis, and implementation of complex test systems. More experienced candidates are also encouraged to apply.
- Ability to define, develop, and execute all aspects of the product verification process.
- Strong background in metrology and statistics (quantifying measurement uncertainty, quantifying and ensuring confidence, responsibility for calibration, etc.).
- Experience in generating customer-facing test and validation reports including statistical data analysis and presentation.
- Test architecture design and development including hardware abstraction layers (HAL) and measurement abstraction layers (MAL).
- RF measurements (Linearity, NSD, EVM, etc.) proficiency.
- Project management proficiency.
- Experience in automating lab instruments such as digital oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, RF signal generators, and vector signal analyzers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred experience includes:
- Antenna test experience.
- Phased array test experience.
- Aerospace environmental test experience.
- Programming or scripting experience (Python, MATLAB, C/C++, etc.).
- Proficiency in statistics and metrology.
- Understanding of RF and mixed-signal hardware (e.g. amplifiers, filters, ADCs/DACs, antennas) and its effects on test design.