Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Care.com offers of an array of services that enable families to find, manage and pay for care and provide employment opportunities for caregivers. Our engineering organization is reimagining our tech stacks and consolidating to a single cloud native platform so we can test and learn faster. The new platform is composed of gRPC microservices and Lambdas in Go, Kafka streams, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, GraphQL, and micro-frontends on Node and React. We're utilizing industry best practices and tools like OpenTelemetry, Splunk, Github, SignalFX, Figma, and others to make our lives easier.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
What You'll Be Working On:
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Engineering team as a UI Engineer. The candidate would join a small, agile team responsible for building a platform to support a new line of business. The candidate will be responsible for analysis, design, coding, testing, deployment, improvements of new product features.
- Collaborate with design, product management, the creative team, marketing to understand business requirements and desired front-end functionality
- Provide expert guidance on website user-interface best practices and options
- Strive for an exceptional User Experience that will delight all customers
- This position will focus heavily on mobile web development in addition to regular project work
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- 10+ years of professional engineering experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a similar engineering discipline
- Extensive experience with React.js and React Native
- Experience with mobile first-web development
- Experience with GraphQL
- Ability to work within a UI framework (Bootstrap)
- Comfortable with a node-based development workflow (Gulp / Bower / npm)
- Proven experience with CSS preprocessors (LESS)
- Ability to thrive as part of a multi-site development team
For a list of our Perks + Benefits, click here!
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to [email protected]**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).